CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: "DEVELOPMENT OF THE GIABA STRATEGY 2023-2027"
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Reference: N° GIABA/PROC./CONS./2022/01/dln
Position: Recruitment of a National Individual Consultant for
"DEVELOPMENT OF THE GIABA STRATEGY 2023-2027"
Supervision: GIABA- General Directorate/ Monitoring and Evaluation Department
Duration of the assignment: 75 days / 2 and a half month
Assignment location: SENEGAL
Application deadline: June, 21 2022
1. DETAILS OF THE CONTENT OF THE ASSIGNMENT Refer to the terms of reference.
2. WORK CONTEXT
The expert will work closely with the GIABA Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and his team.
3. NATURE OF THE MISSION
- The overall objective of the assignment is to assist GIABA in the development of its five-year strategic plan 2023-2027.
- Specifically, it will be to:
- Carry out a strategic diagnosis based on a situational analysis of the problem of the fight against money laundering, the financing of terrorism and the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction in West Africa;
- Identify the main priority areas and suggest strategic orientations and axes capable of contributing to the resolution of the main challenges identified with maximum realism and taking into account the current AML/CFT context;
- Develop a five-year strategic plan covering the period 2023-2027, including, among other things, a logical framework and a multi-year action plan with a provisional budget.
4. ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
With guidance from the GIABA Director General or any person designated by him and under the supervision of the Senior Planning and Resource Mobilization Officer, the Consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Conduct a desk and literature review;
- Develop and submit an inception report that sets out the methodological approach envisaged by the consultant, the planning of the mission with the expected deadlines and deliverables;
- Design tools for collecting and analyzing information;
- Organize a series of meetings within the Secretariat (DG, Directors, key personnel);
- Prepare and conduct diagnostic and planning workshops with relevant stakeholders;
- Draft the draft strategic plan for consideration by GIABA;
- Submit the draft strategic plan for validation by the GIABA Technical Commission/Plenary;
GIABA hereby invites the National Individual Consultants of ECOWAS member countries to express their interest in the provision of the above services:
The criteria set for pre-selection are as follows:
5. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Master's degree in social science or a relevant related field.
Experience: The candidate must have relevant and proven experience in strategic planning, development policy formulation, development policy evaluation etc.
6. REQUIRED SKILLS
- Justify the experience gained in carrying out similar work;
- Be familiar with diagnostic and planning tools and techniques;
- Have knowledge of the issue of anti-money laundering and financing of terrorism issues;
- Knowledge of the West African region and particularly ECOWAS Member States;
- Knowledge of the organs and functioning of ECOWAS;
- Have a perfect command (writing and speaking fluently) of one of the ECOWAS working
languages and have technical skills in another;
7. WORKING LANGUAGES
Individual consultants must have good written and oral skills in one of the official languages of ECOWAS: English, French and/or Portuguese. Working knowledge (oral and written) of another of these languages would be an advantage.
8. HOW TO APPLY :
- Interested Consultants should submit their expression of interest together with their Curriculum Vitae, indicating that they are qualified to provide the services.
- Applicants are also encouraged to support their application with any additional information, where available (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar contexts, etc.).
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF RECRUITMENT
- The recruitment of the consultant will be carried out in accordance with the criteria for the
Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultants' Guidelines of the revised ECOWAS Procurement Code.
- Only the shortlisted candidate will be notified to sign a service contract with GIABA.
- Expressions of interest clearly marked with the title of the position in the subject line must be sent by email to the email addresses below; Any request for additional information regarding this expression of interest should be sent to the same e-mail addresses:
Email: email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. CLOSING DATE OF THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for applications is set to June, 21 2022 at noon GMT.
Acting Director of Administration and Finance, GIABADownload