1. Ensure the adoption of standards against money laundering and the financing of terrorism in accordance with acceptable international standards and practices, including the FATF 40 + 9 Recommendations.
2. Facilitate the adoption and implementation by member States of measures against ML and FT, taking into account specific regional peculiarities and conditions.
3. Function as a forum where members can discuss matters of regional interest and share experiences.
4. Organize self-evaluations and mutual evaluations to determine the efficacy of measures adopted, including their conformity to acceptable international standards.
5. Coordinate and provide support to member States to establish and implement AML/CFT regimes, including the implementation of laws against the proceeds of crime through mutual legal assistance, and also in the establishment and maintenance of Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs).