RECRUITMENT OF AN EXPERT TO CARRY OUT A STUDY ON THE VULNERABILITIES OF CASINOS AND OTHER GAMES OF CHANCE TO ML/FT IN WEST AFRICA
JOB TITLE: SHORT TERM EXPERT (STE)– VULNERABILITY OF CASINOS AND GAMES OF CHANCE TO MONEY LAUNDERING AND THE FINANCING OF TERRORISM
INSTITUTIONS: GIABA/OCWAR-M PROJECT (EXPERTISE FRANCE)
SUPERVISION: GIABA- Research & Planning / OCWAR-M team
DURATION: 40 DAYS
LOCATION: BENIN, CAP VERT, COTE D’IVOIRE, GHANA, NIGERIA, SENEGAL
CLOSING DATE: 15th of May, 2020
CONTENT OF THE MISSION
Refer to concept note.
The STE will work closely with the Principal officer of Research & Planning of GIABA and his team, and the Key experts of OCWAR-M Project.
- Study and analyze the documentation available worldwide on the subject (especially from FATF, other FATF type regional bodies)
- Carry out 6 missions in key countries in order to meet:
- Managers of casinos and other gaming institutions
- Supervisory authorities of casinos and games, where they exist, otherwise the ministry in charge of this type of establishment
- The financial intelligence unit
- Any other person or institution relevant to the study
- Carry out benchmarking study in contact with the French supervision authority of Casinos and games, and if possible with another foreign (English speaking country) authority of Casinos and games
- Propose a methodology for the conduct of the study and have it validated by GIABA
- Write as many interim reports as requested by GIABA/OCWAR-M
- Present the draft report in a validating workshop
- Write the final report of the study
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF RECRUITMENT
Short-term expert contract with Expertise France
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Management, Criminology, Law, Public Policy, the Social Sciences, banking and finance or any other related fields of the study.
Experience: The prospective candidate must have a relevant experience working in casinos and games, and a profound understanding of AML/FT mechanisms.
- Deep knowledge of the casino sector
- Evidence of rich research and publication experience
- Good knowledge or familiarity with measures against economic and financial crimes, including money laundering and terrorist financing, particularly the FATF Recommendations and related matters;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective work relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
- Excellent computer skills;
Applicants must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are required to forward their written applications to the following:
Prospective candidates are required to submit the following along with their written applications:
- A motivation letter
• A full Curriculum Vitae, containing full employment history, showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and significant achievements relevant to this assignment.
- Technical proposal regarding the concept note
- Financial proposal.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview by VTC.
The closing deadline for applications is of 00 h00 GMT, on the 15th of May 2020.Download